Seekology's Founder Rebecca writes:
I am so delighted that Seekology has been selected to join the Small Biz 100 this year, in recognition of our commitment to helping other independent brands thrive. Nobody foresaw how hard this year would be for small businesses, and with many people doing more shopping online it can be easy to shop with the online behemoths. So please take a minute to consider the impact of how and where you shop, and think about these 5 reasons you should shop small this year:
- You won’t have the same stuff as everyone else. Who wants perfume that makes them smell like the next person? Choosing something unique like this selection set from Olfactive O will ensure that you’ll always stand out from the crowd.
- You’ll help the British economy (which, let’s face it, needs all the help it can get right now). When you buy from Seekology, you help us employ other local people – here’s our team – and you also help our brands thrive and, in turn, serve their communities.
- You can get genuinely personal service. If you need help with your skincare, book a free consultation with our expert Amelia who has years of experience with Harrods and luxury skincare brands. You can also email us or pop into store if you have questions about gifts – and look out for our soon-to-launch online gift concierge service.
- You are able to choose gifts with a story behind them. Does it show thoughtfulness to go into a department store and buy something shiny from a big-name brand? No! Does it show you care about someone when you choose to buy a candle from Jenny Betts London, that’s been handmade in a small batch, lovingly blended by Jenny herself? Yes it does! And it still comes in a smart gift box for that luxurious feel.
- When you shop from a small business, you’re helping an entrepreneur realise their dreams; every single sale puts a smile on someone’s face. It’s true that sometimes they do a little “happy dance”!
Thanks for reading, and please do shop small this year if you can.