Here are five things I told Rishi Sunak about Seekology (and two things he told me):
Thanks to the British Beauty Council, I was selected to meet Rishi Sunak on his tour of British Beauty Week.
Here are five things I told him:
1. How hard it had been closing the first Seekology shop, just months after starting. (He seemed empathetic!) I reminded him that for small businesses things have been far from plain sailing over the last 18 months.
2. That Seekology is the home for independent beauty and wellbeing brands - and a champion for them, particularly in physical retail
3. That we are a supporter of Black founders - I introduced him to Rose from Lava Cap, a super product for black and/or curly hair and he wished her luck in our Black-owned beauty brand competition final tomorrow
4. I told him about the wellbeing products that people have been buying to support themselves at home, for example the jade roller - before I used it on his hand!
5. How I believe great physical retail experiences are the future
Rishi told me:
1. That he once used a jade roller. At a spa. Where he went with his wife. (At pains to share these details.)
2. That he thinks Seekology is a "brilliant concept". Thanks Rishi!
Photo credit: HM Treasury